About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crazy spring weather


I refuse to let this weather prevent me from getting in shape. I have less than one month to go and I am feeling far from fit. Could go to the gym I suppose, but no, I also need to get myself psychologically in shape. Gym is too comfortable of an environment. I need miserable. I need cold and wet if I am to truly create the hardships I will experience this summer, walking the UK.

So, today was perfect. As I rode 3,500 ft down canyon to work, the snow turned to driving rain. My sunglasses proved useless without windshield wipers and defoggers but sans glasses was no better. Road grit and dirty water splattered into my eyes, wedged between my teeth and covered my clothes from head to toe. Water saturated my pants and trickled steadily down into my boots forming a very cold pool of water around my toes. My gloves became saturated, my fingers numb and it felt like I was trying to brake using boxing gloves against slick, wet tyres (English spelling - just practicing) that had no intention of stopping.

There I was barreling down the hill, dodging rock and mud slides, with very little ability to stop and zero visibility. I did survive the experience however and arrived at work far from presentable. I would like to say I enjoyed it, but..............

Yes, like I said, today's training was perfect!!

So perfect I decided to blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I saw you peddling away against the driving sleet. I was tempted to stop to tell you it was hailing in the valley, but no instead I sent you a text to say how "Hard Core" you are.....way to go girl friend:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers