About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Friday, May 21, 2010

Introducing The IPad

I am very proud of myself. From a complete moron technologically, I have advanced this year considerably and can now use an Apple computer at a fairly acceptable skill level (although I am sure my 14 year old son would dispute this); I have a Facebook account and can post things on it; I have this blog of course and I now have the very latest in technology - an IPad (no, not a feminine hygiene product Kristin!).
A 16 GB, 3G IPad. Wow.
Excitedly I turned on this beautiful, sleek machine to write a blog but fairly quickly encountered a problem. It will not allow me to post or edit my blog :( It seems that I may have to buy their blog App, which is only $2.99 but I assume it means I will have to change my blog address? So far I absolutely love my IPad but it is a little bit of a scam as you have to buy a whole load of "extras" in order for it to do anything. Extras such as a case to prevent it from scratching, an additional piece of equipment to enable it to download pictures and all the Apps to make it do really cool things (or in my case to make a blog). You can't download directly to an IPod, it doesn't have a web cam or a USB port.
Pause for a sip of tea................
The touch key board takes some getting used to and seems to have a mind of its own. My typing thus far has required multiple corrections for it to look anything like English. Of course this could be something to do with my arthritic, stiff, sausage-like fingers that touch multiple keys at once and perhaps it is not possible for me to get used to it. Whatever, because the one finger approach seems to work quite well.
Anyway, enough of the negative. The big plus is that it only weighs 1 point something pounds. This is very important to me because as the title (or rather the description) of my blog suggests, I AM GOING WALKING and taking this IPad with me. H-ha really, really excited and not long now!
For anyone who is yearning to break free of the daily treadmill of predictability, stay posted to this blog because I am off on an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers