About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 34: Badger Fields Farm to Haworth

My camera is slowly coming back to life. It is currently switching itself on and off as though trying to remember how it used to work. When I try to turn it on however it won't work, but I am still hopeful and won't run out and buy another camera too soon. There isn't anywhere to run to anyway.

Hey, I have a picture from the other day. Looks similar to all the rest, mist etc but I will post it anyway because it is the last one I took before it inhaled too much rain.


I am currently staying in the "Secret garden" room in the Old Registry Guest house in Haworth. I am lounging on the day bed in my en-suite room sipping on a glass in wine and madly posting all the blogs I have been saving up due to lack of wifi.

I departed from the usual way of the path today and will now be out of synch with all my Pennine chums. It was all getting too chummy really and I want some time on my own to walk alone. I also wanted to visit Haworth as the Bronte sisters grew up here in the parsonage and wrote their classics. This is in the heart of Bronte country.

The weather was decent today and actually scorching hot when the sun came out, which it did a few times. So wonderful to be back in shorts and T shirt again and to see the views of this magnificent landscape. It is a completely different experience to be walking this path without the rain.

Sarah and I walked over Wadsworth moor and up to Within heights. At Top Withins there is a ruined farmstead thought to be associated with Emily
Bronte's novel Wuthering Heights. We met up with the three Yorkshire lads and their dog here.

After descending to Ponden reservoir I said goodbye to Sarah and hoped I might catch her up further up north.

I hitched a ride into Haworth and it is extremely quaint with beautiful shops and cobbled stone streets but this day bed is so comfortable, I am now reluctant to go and explore. My boots and socks are wet and anyway the museum at the parsonage is already closed I am sure.

That settles it then, I will have another glass of wine.

Hard to sight see and do the Pennine way at the same time.

Hey, I can take a picture with my camera - brilliant. Here is my Secret Garden room!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers