About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Monday, July 19, 2010

Days 25 through 27 Kington to Montgomery

I have got really behind on the blogging front. It is easy to blog when I am on my own but so much harder once I get company.

This will just be a quick synopsis of these 3 days so I can get up to date.

Day 25 took us to Knighton or the "Town on the Dyke" in Welsh.


This mound is the Dyke. Doesn't look as though it would keep the Welsh out.


We stayed in a converted barn in Knighton behind the George and Dragon pub which I can highly recommend.


Day 26 we walked to Newcastle. The village of Newcastle in Shropshire (back in England again) obviously and not the city. We camped here at the Clun Valley camping which is not mentioned anywhere in the Dyke accommodation guides but worthy of a mention as it was excellent value at four pounds a person.



A field of poppies


And a cricket game as we approach Montgomery on day 27



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers