About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 45: Alston to Greenhead

Have been trying to find Internet access to post some if these blogs, but to no avail.

Today was a tough walking day. Seventeen miles of railway track, fields, stiles, moorlands and bogs to end at Hadrians wall.


Great name:





It is becoming apparent that not many people complete this trail.

This could explain why the path towards the end of the day just petered out onto a massive moorland devoid of any way marker signs. It was hard to believe we were following a national trail and assumed they couldn't be bothered to sign it because not enough people made it this far.



We are also starting to hear about drop outs. I forgot to tell you but we met up with the Yorkshire lads with the dog in the pub the other day. They are now sans dog and sans two people who gave up and went home. Haven't seen Sarah the vicar yet either and it makes me wonder if she has gone home. She said she would, if the weather didn't improve. Of course she could be way ahead of me.

Did meet up though with a group of four today going our way. We found it odd that we hadn't met up until now but they said they had heard of me. My reputation is proceeding me. Made me feel quite special!

We are staying in a bunk house tonight next to the ruins on Thirwell Castle. We walk along Hadrians wall tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers