About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 50: Kirk Yetholm and THE END OF THE PENNINE WAY

I ate my last boiled egg and put my tent away.


It was a beautiful view to wake up to and the clouds hung low over the Cheviots.


I could look back and see the route we had taken over hills and along ridges yesterday, it looked a long way and it was amazingly satisfying. I tried to imagine what it would look like if I could see further south, to my entire route. How long would that look? I have walked up and down plenty of mountains before but never through a mountain range and I was liking how it made me feel.

We descended down and out of the Pennine range. It was only eight miles today but it was surprisingly hard.





As I placed my last step into the Border hotel in Kirk Yetholm, I knew it would be my last. Completely psychological I am sure but I felt as though I couldn't walk another step.


Fifty days and six hundred miles later and I was done with walking!



I took the obligatory pictures, had my celebratory free half pint, received my certificate and signed the Pennine Wayfarer book.


I did it. I walked the entire Pennine Way.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kelso,United Kingdom

3 comments:

  1. well done!! Alston is my home town and I came across this blog. I have had a lovely time for the last 30 mins reading your blog.

    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ali. I am amazed at your achievement and even more amazed at your good health. Like me it seems being happy and unstressed is incredibly beneficial to your physical wellbeing. You heading home now? Love n best wishes Pete x.

    ReplyDelete

Followers