About Me

My photo
Half way up a mountain, Utah, United States

Friday, August 6, 2010

What to do next?

I am in the Hoot n' Cat coffee shop in Kelso, just over the border in Scotland.

I have this mad idea to buy a bike and continue up to John O'Groats.

I know I am done with the walking but not quite sure that I am done with this adventure. I am waiting for a divine signal to tell me this is the right thing to do. Perhaps I need another latte while I am waiting for this signal?

It's raining, so not particularly inspiring but I can't seem to shake this feeling that I am not done yet.

I've been in the local bike shop and sized up the perfect bike but the rest of the plan is not clear. Lots to consider. How will I get the bike home? What about my rucksack? Is this financially ludicrous? When am I coming home anyway? Will I be able to get home because Curt couldn't? More importantly where am I staying tonight?

Thought it might help to write these questions down but no answers yet. Does anyone have any comments on this?

Better order a pot of tea as I may be here in this cafe a while longer.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:The Butts,Kelso,United Kingdom

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ali! Hope there is something left of your feet! Bet you could use a nice cortisone injection.

    Sincerely,

    Dr Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you could always take a spot on a sailboat coming to the caribbean, if you can't get a flight; since you have a tent, I don't think you have to worry too much about where you'll sleep while you're deciding; and you've probably figured everything out by now anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Followers